Saturday, January 14, 2012

Blogging my way out of debt; It's working

Here it is a new year and I'm still blogging my way out of debt. I'm very happy to say that it's working! On  the almost the last day of December we said good-bye to the payments on our camper. Writing helped me pay off the 18 month note in five months. 

There's more good news to share! Remember my beloved PT Cruiser that was due to be paid off in a few months? Blogging my way out of debt helped me earn extra to add onto the payments. Poof! That car payment is now gone. 

The bill that I am the happiest to be rid of is an old medical bill. Billing for this particular set of doctors has been a real pain from day one. It feels really good to move this debt into the paid stack.

I did go backwards in one area. At the end of December I ordered a Bloggie on credit. This will help me record my travels and tribulations. Best of all, it is already generating revenue to help pay for itself. 

Overall, I'm ecstatic to be able to make this report. When you're blogging your way out of debt there isn't any way to know what next month holds. The amount you may can vary wildly each month. All that I can say is bring on February!

3 comments:

  1. Best of luck in this endeavor!! It is not easy, but you can do it!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you are really making progress at paying everything off. That is more important than ever these days. Some people are in a debt cycle where they have to borrow against each next paycheck to make things meet.

    Pay day loans or advances can be perfect to get you out of a one-time tight bind. Too many people get into the habit of living off of each loan. That can be a really tough cycle to move away from.

    I am glad to read that you are not in that cycle. The tips you write about are helpful. People can learn a lot from reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogging is really a great way to earn some money to help your debt.Pretty good idea that you use blogging for some extra income.

    ReplyDelete