Friday, August 26, 2011

Coinstar no fee option helps you save money

Until a few days ago I didn't know that Coinstar offers a no fee option. As my blog readers know we're trying to  pay off our bills and save for a wedding. Since many of the items we're looking at are coming from Amazon.com I was tickled to find out about their no fee option.

You may have seen the Coinstar counting machines at the grocery store. Take your bucket of change and pour it in. The machine counts it and returns any duds to you. Then it prints a voucher to be cashed in at the store. The machine takes a little over 9% but a lot of people like the convenience of not having to sort, count and roll the change. With this process you dump, wait a minute and cash out. It's quick and convenient.

Now, it's even better. Coinstar has teamed up with Amazon.com, restaurants, grocery stores and other companies to bring a no fee option. Costs are waived when by choosing the e-certification option on the machine. When your voucher prints the full amount of your coins will appear. Simply use this as you would any other gift certificate at the store you selected.

Coins in a jar add up before you know it. My family used to laugh at me for collecting change. Rolling took forever but it was worth it. Our new sewing machine was paid for with cold hard change and it was my turn to laugh this time.

My next big coin purchase is a tent for my daughter's wedding. We already have the wedding tent picked out. Being able to easily trade my coins in for a Coinstar no fee e-certificate is going to help. I have a long list of things to buy. This is only going to help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment