Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Discouragement happens.

Discouragement happens. This is what I keep telling myself anyway. Sometimes I don't know if we're winning or losing. So, I'll opt for winning... s l o w l w. 

The surgeon's bill from earlier this year is gone as is the hospital bill. We've paid off the vacation and paid down on the car. Hubby is still figuring out the IRS. We have finished the extra expenses from moving in June, getting our daughter back to graduate school and some more car expenses (another $340 in Aug.)

My online writing is helping quite a bit. I plan on doing a series of articles to help pay for the vacation. Be sure to look for those on my other blogs.

We're still adjusting to our new home. It's an hour between two larger cities and about 30 minutes from a small one. Groceries are definitely less expensive at the larger cities. But, those prices have to be balanced against the price of gas. I'll be writing an article about how we're doing that later.

I'm also using coupons more often for everything and saving whatever spare change that I can. We backslid on the credit card bills when one of the car repair bills nearly knocked us over. I'm very, very unhappy about that. It's encouraging me to write as much as possible to make them go away again.

All in all, I think we're doing ok. We'll see what the update next month brings. Hopefully it will be more good news. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment