Sunday, September 18, 2011

Coupons help us save for Walt Disney World

We're still plugging away at the debt issue. It's hard to believe that we'll be in Walt Disney World next week! As our vacation nears, I'm working hard to keep those costs contained. It helps that this park will let us bring our own drinks and snacks. But, they still have to be bought from somewhere. For me, that's where coupons are helping to reduce costs.

I used coupons all the time when the kids were small. I got out of the habit when we moved to a very rural area. Coupons were hard to get and the one grocery store we had didn't accept most of them. Now that we're in an area where coupons are more accessible I'm using them a lot more often.

The savings add up when you use a coupon with an item that is on sale. Even if I use a coupon on a non-sale item it still saves money. Keeping the grocery receipts helps me track the savings. Using coupons last week helped me save a little over 25% on our purchases. We also used a $5 coupon when we had to eat dinner out after a meeting.

Last week's savings is enough to pay for one-fourth of the gas we need to get to our Walt Disney World vacation. Plus, the amount saved should cover the oil change I get before every vacation. Wait. Speaking of oil changes, I have a coupon to help with that cost too.

No comments:

Post a Comment