Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Frugal holiday gifts; dollar tree hurricanes

Getting out of debt means being frugal is every aspect of my life. Even holiday gift giving is not immune. I found this blog article and look forward to giving it a whirl Decor Adventures: Dollar Store Decor. The instructions are clear and easy to follow. These hurricanes are made of a simple candle holder and vase plus a little glue. The glass items can be picked up for $1 each.

The only way that I can see to make this project more frugal is to hit my favorite thrift shop. They have all kinds of glassware. You have to pick and choose carefully. But, if the trip doesn't work out this frugal holiday craft can still be made with dollar store items. It would be hard to go wrong.

Plus, I used to decorate frequently with candles and have a stash of candle holders in the basement. Our current home is too small to use them all. There is no need for the candle holders to languish forlornly when they can be recreated into frugal holiday gifts. Give me a few days to make the thrift shop run and I'll post the results of my candle holders here. It should be fun. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gayle,

    Thanks so much for linking to my project. You are not alone on your journey! And the good news is there are so many ways to save money these days. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete