Wednesday, December 28, 2011

After Christmas sales rack up bargains

After Christmas sales rack up the bargains. I hit Wal-mart and some other stores to sift through the clearance tables. This is my favorite time of year for bargain hunting. I can pick up items that help me save money all year round. With practice, it is not hard to spot items for weddings and birthdays.

Remember, spending money on something that isn't needed or won't be used doesn't save money. After Christmas sales hold a special temptation to splurge. All these tempting items are just begging to jump into my shopping card. Lists help keep me on budget and away from getting out of debt suicide.

Wedding gifts and birthday presents are two items that I like to grab on the after Christmas sales. The large bath baskets work for best friends and new brides. I also like buying fragrance kits and kitchen sets to use as gifts. There's nothing like buying them at half price or less during the after Christmas sales.

Holiday purchasing is great. I'm not just talking about Christmas here.  Red is great for Valentine's Day and the 4th of July. How about green for St. Patrick's or Earth Day. Silver and gold are perfect for anniversaries.

The list could go on forever but you get the idea. There is a lot that you can find on after Christmas sales to help save money the rest of the year. A little shopping now can save money that I can use to get out of debt. For me, that's probably the best reason to hit those bargain bins. Want to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment