Monday, June 18, 2012

Wedding bills continue to ring

Here we are about two weeks after the wedding. We did our best to stay in budget and am ashamed to say that we blew it. Our life raft was barely floating when cost overruns put a few more holes in the boat. Now, two weeks later, the wedding bills continue to ring.

I'm very thankful that we began working out of debt months ago. That freed up space in our budget to help take care of the wedding and other expenses. We went backwards a little but the damage wasn't as bad as it might have been.

Unused items have been returned. I'll also be posting a few items on Craigslist. Share my contact information with anyone you know who is in the market for chocolate tablecloths. We're keeping some of these but definitely have a few to go around. 

I've decided to keep many of the serving pieces. They're pretty, durable and I don't want to part with them. That doesn't help the budget but it helps the heart. I figure that has to count sometimes. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're using your wits to at least recover a few bucks when and where possible. Good work!

    ReplyDelete