Saturday, May 28, 2011

How StraightTalk wireless helps me control costs

I'm not affiliated with Straight Talk wireless and I don't get paid to promote them or anything like that. Straight Talk wireless helps me control costs and it provides good cell phone coverage. That's why I'm mentioning it here.

Costs have to be controlled if my plan to get out of debt is ever going to work. There are no more $90 cell phones for me to struggle with. Straight Talk has been a huge help to me.

I started looking into prepaid plans when a huge bill arrived that took forever to pay off. At first, the idea of prepaid plans made me nervous. Now, I've decided that contract free is the way to be.

Straight Talk wireless uses towers from big name companies. My coverage throughout East Tennessee and my other travel spots is very good. (See You've Been Reviewed to see some of my travel spots.) For $45 (about $50 with taxes) my unlimited plan includes talk, text, pictures, 411 and mobile web for no additional costs.

The bill comes out of my checking account every month like my previous phone company. Or, I can opt for refill on demand by buying a top up card. There's also no contract. If I decided end service today I wouldn't get stuck with a break contract fee.  Plus, I was able to keep my number.


The phone can even be picked up at Wal-Mart for about $40. That was less expensive that the insurance deductible on my previous plan. For me, Straight Talk has been one of the best steps that I've taken to get out of debt.

No comments:

Post a Comment